According to google (anyone else LOVE it when you go to the google homepage and don’t see the regular logo? It sort of lightens my life hahah)
I’m glad google added some excitement because the post was alternatively titled “A List of Things” because
A) I like lists.
B) I’m having trouble coming up with interesting posts now that I’m not doing any interesting workouts
C) The stress sin wave curve is heading to one. Again. I love having a complicated life.
Luckily my love of lists helps and I can check things off easily. And I can run them off. Good? I think so.
- First: I’m glad that you guys found the nutcracker funny. Or scary. I guess if you guys ever sleep over my mom’s house then I’ll place the thing right outside your door for the morning (yes me and my brother really did that to one of our sister’s overnight birthday party) I really wish my two sister had waited a day and let me in on it! I’m pretty sure my dad bought it at Wal-Mart. On an after Christmas sale.
- This morning I just did NOT want to get out of bed. I think I’ve finally dug myself out of the worst part of my sleep debt as I woke up 8.5 hours after I fell asleep. I think part of this is because I’m running less so I don’t need as much sleep. A plus of being injured I guess. That said, I kept resetting my alarm every 15 minutes this morning. For two hours. The covers just felt cozy?
- I ended up having to cut the run short because I was so late getting up but I felt so much better after moving and getting out there! My brain was so foggy when I woke up but I knew that the key to getting better was to “just run”. Gotta keep going. Literally and figuratively. And I did feel my brain wake up after the run. It was a good one too. 11 miles with the last 2-3 being achy and the very last one twinging with pain. Okay so maybe the last mile wasn’t too good BUT the first 7 of those 11 were much faster than I’ve been running lately.
- Might’ve been the weather. It was cool (~35*) but sunny and no wind. My sweatshirt and shorts felt just as nice as my covers. I love it with my clothing just feels oh-so-comfy. Made the switch into a spring-y dress and heels not so nice though!
- Speaking of clothes: I still haven’t bought the Boston jacket yet. Oops? I really like this year’s colors more than last year. But I’m hemming and hawing on it because of the price tag.
- In other Boston news: I’ve given out my number to people, started planning get-together / meet ups but the actual race? I’m still “eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh” to it. Worrisome? Maybe. I’m trying to get pumped but, like many of you have noticed, this training cycle hasn’t been RAH-RAH. I think I’m more excited to meet people! Oh well, the time off of work for Monday and Tuesday of that week has already been approved. So I’m there.
Anyway. A random post. Kind of fitting to do it this way as I wrote it piece-meal over the course of work tonight (Thursday). I’m just leaving the clinic now. To return in <12 hours. After drinking. Love my life. Hope everyone has a great Thursday night as I hope to have, although I realize that I’m posting this at 2100 so y’all will see in in the morning.