Whew. I guess that gene that regulates busyness is an over functioning one that’s for damned sure. Here’s how I’ve spent my day thus far:
- 0600: Wake up and do core and 6 mile run while watching the sunrise. Legs not as springy as I would have thought after yesterday’s rest day. Quad soreness is gone though so the rest did some good. I was planning on doing a tempo but after what was going to be my warm up I said “No way, no how!” The run was still at a quick clip, but I think it felt that way because my legs had been so worn down from last week. Regardless I was running 45 seconds per mile faster today that last week. Yay for rest!
- 0830: Spanish lab where I may or may not be in love with my TA
- 0930: Geophysics, where we started to analyze the data we collected yesterday
- 1100: 45 minutes of weights (upper body and lower body with no core) elliptical for warm up/down. My muscles definitely felt fatigued by the end but they also felt so *strong*. Hard to explain what I mean but I think you guys get it more than my non-running / working out friends.
- 1200: Meeting with Spanish profesora to discuss a paper. She was really impressed when she found out that this was only my second year speaking Spanish. Sweet! Plus she wants me to hang out with the Spanish TAs / majors to make me fluent. Holllller.
- 1230: Lunch.
- 1400: Jazz dance class. Again, a blast. I always go into that class feeling like complete poo but leave in a good mood.
- 1530: Shower and cereal. Hot hot hot shower and honeybunchesofoats:cinnamonclusters. YUM.
And now I blog. There are a million and one things I need to do right now though. Including (but certainly not limited to): French poem analysis, completion of Geophysics analysis, Spanish activities and physio lab write up. And tutor 1900-2100. Holy Busy Batman! Even though you might not care about the banality of my life, it makes me feel better seeing it all typed out.
Plus I know that it will all get done. It always does. I also have this weekend pulling me through; not only is it a long weekend but it’s EXTRA long because it’s our fall break so I have Tuesday off as well. That said, I am prolly going to get hit with the flu because I’ll be relaxing and that’s always when you get sick. Always. It’ll be annoying but okay, I’ve been feeling all achy and headachy and chilly for awhile now so it’ll be nice to get it done and over with. See? Silver lining. Heh.
Now I’m debating whether or not a tempo tmrw morning is a good idea. The plan is to do it at the gym on the TM because the mental aspect isn’t there still. (This isn’t worrying me though about the 10k on Monday, I always BRING IT for races — but yet a reason for not wanting to get sick). On one hand, I don’t want to make any impending cold worse but on the other hand I’m not sick right now. Get those miles in while I can? Oh decisions decisions.
Alright ready? Break! I feel weird not writing a novel here but my mind is a million miles away on other things. And have no fear: I am about 75% done writing my book reviews and about 50% done with my final fuel posting. Gosh does anyone remember when I started those? Pre and during fuel? Well hopefully I will have the post one done soon.
Hope that everyone is having a less hectic day than me. Happy Tuesday (only Tuesday?!)