Where the time goes. But it sure goes fast….
How is it almost the end of October already? Has anyone seen where the month actually went too? Because I sure know that I could use the full 31 days thank you very much.
Especially since yesterday and today are crazier than normal between classes and meeting and work. So this might be a short one.
I started my day at 0600 like usual. Since the sun now rises at 0703 (at least today, only going to get later) I’ve decided to just get out there and get it done rather than wait for the semblance of light. I didn’t even bother doing laps around the school as I knew I’d have to do my entire run in that fashion if I wanted to stay off the roads before the sun came up.
It was absolutely freezing too this morning. Apparently when weather.com says that it’ll be 40* at 0600 they really mean 28*. Brrrr! Although it’s about 65* right now so I’m angry at the weather gods for making fall nights so cold but the day so nice, at least from the morning runner in me. So in any case I was a wee bit underdressed this morning and am glad that I only did 6 miles. My mind really wanted to push for more, but my frozen fingers (as well as packed schedule) said other wise.
The run itself was much improved from yesterday! My pace was 45 seconds per mile faster. Don’t know what it was about yesterday’s run that made it so difficult and today’s so easy. I mean, it wasn’t as though Sunday was XT and yesterday was 10 + lifting or anything (insert eye roll here). So crazy how the body reacts in unexpected manners.
But my legs and lungs were in agreement and I felt good. Not strong rah-rah or anything but good. This is why I run. This indescribable feeling of floating. Not huffing or puffing (although after a good hard workout that’s awesome) but easy breathing and a huge grin on my face.
Maybe it was because of the end of my run. I was in complete darkness for prolly 5 of the miles (which made me VERY paranoid about missing a pothole, branch etc.) but at very end of run got to see cotton candy sky! The colors of sunrise this morning were a baby blue and cotton candy pink. It was awesome and made me think summer (which was nice because of the temp).
So like I said at the beginning my day has been crazy. I did get to go to my 0830 Spanish lab with Hot-Spanish-TA. Definitely definitely didn’t mind going. Some other classes and meeting later and here I am. I actually finally showered at 1600. That’s how busy my Tuesday has been. And now I’m off to another meeting then tutoring Physics en la noche. Hopefully I get to do some of my actual homework at some point!
And because I ❤ ’em here are numbers 6-10 of the Facts of Life (although they are labeled 1-5 because I am using the bullet format and can’t change it haha)
- I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was younger.
- The letters T and G are very close to each other on a keyboard. This recently became all too apparent to me and consequently I will never be ending a work email with the phrase “Regards” again.
- Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn’t work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ’s. We just figured it out. Today’s kids are soft.
- There is a great need for sarcasm font.
- Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the fuck was going on when I first saw it.