Good afternoon all! My Wednesdays have become less stressful after changing physio to audit as I don’t have to go the labs anymore (still going to class, doing the last lab writeup and taking the test. Just no 3-hour lab!). Now that means that I have three hours to do all my other work. Plus 4 loads of laundry!
But this lower stress (and knowing that I can balance everything) is leading to more good running. Yet again I had a 0600 run that was stellar! It was a bit on the cold side — prolly around 32*, and I was quite chilly when I was in the shady spots. Once I was out from under the trees and in the sun I was practically overheating. Gotta love this sunshine.
Like yesterday I set out for a shorter distance than I ended up doing. But I was, apparently, flying and went for another 9. I figure that I’ve been “suffering” pace wise for a while so I’m going to enjoy this cycle of fast strong stuff. Even if I don’t feel fast. Not that I’m feeling really slow either but there is a noticeable difference in the feeling in my legs.
Despite still being sleep deprived there is absolutely no heaviness in my legs, including the start of my runs. I just feel ready from the get-go. A great feeling to be sure and, although I never *dread* runs, I’ve been really looking forward to it lately. Albeit with some trepidation as I don’t know when the cycle of good is going to switch (yup total glass-half-empty person haha)
But I have two theories as to why my past few runs have been great:
- Cut back week. It may not have been that much but a decrease of 10 miles might have just been the break that my legs needed.
- Daylight saving time ending. Because in reality I’m running an hour later than normal if you think about it. Definitely could be a factor because I’ve noticed this kind of a difference in time (and with no other variables changing) when it’s 0800 vs 0600 running. So maybe my legs just don’t like 0600? Hopefully they don’t wise up anytime soon about the time change.
- I am so less stressed (as I’ve talked about ad nauseum) and feel content. I can’t remember the last time that I didn’t have a knot of anxiety in my stomach. Happiness = good running. Always
- Combo of all three. Which is what I think it is. Funny how things align at just the right moments.
Today’s total? 9 miles. I even wanted to do more but I needed to shower and get ready for my day. Which I’ve been trudging through. I’m actually off to the “Spanish Table” where a bunch of ppl just hang out and chat in Spanish. My prof told me that I should go to practice my Spanish and I agree with her but it also helps that Hot-Spanish-TA is going to be there. I’m actually pretty nervous to go and not speak English. Kind of intimidating actually. But I’m sure when it’s all said and done I’ll be happy 🙂
Note re: the French porn I had to watch. It was for my class because we’re finishing up the book and my prof wanted us to be able to compare the two. Biggest difference? The movie was basically 100% sex and the book was about 50% sex. Haha.
And now The Facts of Life, because I need to laugh at something or risk the butterflies in my stomach causing my to vomit. Pleasant I know.
56. Even if I knew your social security number, I wouldn’t know what do to with it.
57. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, hitting the G-spot, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey – but I’d bet my ass everyone can find and push the Snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time every time…
58. My 4-year old son asked me in the car the other day “Dad what would happen if you ran over a ninja?” How the hell do I respond to that?
59. It really pisses me off when I want to read a story on CNN.com and the link takes me to a video instead of text.
60. I wonder if cops ever get pissed off at the fact that everyone they drive behind obeys the speed limit.