Can’t say I dislike this search term (oh and for all of you who are wondering how to check the stats, I use wordpress so I don’t know how other sites do it, but there’s a link on the right hand side of the dashboard tab that says stat site and on the “homepage” of your blog where you can manage it, there should be a bar graph for the days of the past few weeks and you can click on the day. From there you can see search terms) because Viva la España. For real.
Today is going to be a long day. And not really in a mopey way. More of a “I have an in-service job training / meeting for AmeriCorps then get to work my regular clinic hours” way. All told I’ll have worked at least 13 hours by the end of the day. And it’s lottery night (the night where we pick new patients) so it’s going to be even more chaotic. But not really mopey. It’s just tough knowing that when I leave my apartment I won’t get back for another 13 or 14 hours.
So in light of that I’m going to do a bullet point post. Because posts usually take me forever to write (I’m soooo type A that everything has to be perfect!) and bullets let me not worry about transition sentences 🙂
- 11.3 miles @ 8:50. That was my run this morning. I got up at 0530 (because of having to be at training early) and I just felt on. Obviously 8:50 isn’t really fast for me but after a slooooooow ass run yesterday (which I’m not down and out about and, like many of you told me, it’s good to have those wicked slow days) this felt quite speedy and good. I was only planning on doing 9.5 or so (I think the route was 9.7) but I felt good and had the time so I added the extra 1.6 miles. My legs did feel a bit fatigued towards the end (as did my right foot oddly enough) but not exhausted. I still suspect that the last loop was my fastest but after seeing yesterday’s splits I chose to not look at each loop.
- The weather was pretty freaking awesome too: 50*, 90% humidity and SUNLIGHT for more than half my run! Such nicer weather than the rain that’s been here the past few days: there was actually sun by the end because of no rain clouds! It was wicked nice to be able to really see where I was going during the mid and late parts of my run. And of course sunlight = good mood.
- Sleep = good mood as well. And once my head the pillow last night I was out cold. I slept straight through the night and, while I didn’t wake up rested, I didn’t feel MORE tired than the night before.
- I got to wear longsleeves this morning. Okay so maybe wearing them might have been a bit too much. I did overheat by the end of the run (it was still in the low 50s). And yes, I’ve worn longsleeves on one or two runs already. But it felt nice to be able to pull the sleeves over my hands. I love when I can do that with sweatshirts and I love when I can do that with my running shirts. Small pleasures in life people!
- Another small pleasure? Coffee. Because I’m on my fourth cup right now. Yes it’s going to be that kind of a day. But surprisingly I’m in a chipper mood.
- Maybe because it’s almost the weekend. And I have some tentative plans that will be WAY fun. I think I mentioned awhile ago that I was feeling bored in the city that I’m in but I had a really great time last weekend here and I think that this weekend will be similar. Which is great. After all, it’s been a long week
So there you have it. A semi-short quick post. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far! Thursday is my favorite day of the week so I totally am. And I found this picture this morning and it let me start my long work day with a smile on my face (well as did my run, and my coffee hahah)