I think when I wrote my October recap I ended the post saying “Let’s hope November is just as good, shall we?”.
Well it was. It truly was — anyone know that quote? It’s not really a memorable quote but whenever someone says that line, the scene from this movie pops into my head!
I kind of liked not breaking down the month week by week like I’ve done all year and doing a previously. Like LOST and 24. I consider myself as BAMF as the great men in my life 😉
And I have to only pick one LOST pic? UGHHHHHHHHH
Anyway. November was another great month. While October brought about the firsts for lots of things (including baking as well as Dallas WR marathon training), November was really where the magic was made. I put in LOTS of hard work and to go purely by the numbers, this was a colossal month. Not as big as that crazy June I had but pretty darn big.
Since I liked the format I used last month, I’ll keep it the same. For your sake as well as mine.
- 454.1 miles
- 61 hours 23 minutes 15 seconds
- 8:54 average pace
Comparing 2009 to 2010
- 2010: 454.1
- 2009: 293.6
- Percent Change:54.7 %
YTD (as of 30-November)
- 2010: 3988
- 2009: 2766
- Percent Change: 44.2%
None here. I was debating a Turkey Trot with my lil’ bro but opted out. Oh well. I’m sure that in a few days I can make it up to myself. He did school me in an xbox dance off on Thanksgiving so I’m sure he’s over not running with me.
I did, however, get my official-in-the-mail acceptance to Boston which is hard to see past WR but it’s there. Waiting.
Lots of good stuff here. Last month I linked to all my quality workouts leading up for this WR cycle. This month I’ve done 3 quality ones a week. That’s a lot to link to. So here are the memorable ones / highlights of what I was trying to accomplish (the links are mostly so I can go back and re-read if need be in the future):
- 20 miler with my RW friend. Wicked fast. Wicked confidence boosting.
- Discovered my “favorite workouts ever“
- And actually found a good rhythm at the track for “a workout to put me on the podium” and some mile repeats. Did I mention that I love the track?
- Saw fleetingglimpses of GMP. Nothing concrete though.
I think the biggest thing of the training here was that it was all about learning. I’m slowly trying to wrap my head around how to train right. That there are many types of workouts and each has their own place. That I’m a pretty decent runner if I put my head to it. That I set expectation really high and can be disappointed because I expect so much from myself.
I think this month really is laying the foundation for how I approach running and training and RACING for the future. It’s a bit weird to put it like that but I just feel like this month was special (or maybe it’s been there all fall and just now I’m starting to notice)
Oh man, sentimental much? Lots of other confidence building workouts in there this month but those above were the best of. I also started the hundred pushups and two hundred situps challenges, of which I am in Week 4 of 6 on currently. Plus some foam rolling. Maybe I’m changing my bad-runner-habit ways?
I guess I can’t wait, then, for the first weekend in December. I get to “run the rock”
Baking (ahem slash cooking):
- Chocolate Cheesecake. The baking queen herself was impressed. I’m not going to lie: the idea to do this (and to bring it to a Celtic’s game?!) was born after a glass or two of wine. As all ideas are?
- Sweet Potato Soup. I was a complete brat and emailed my mom (not even a phone call!) a week before Thanksgiving to request that she make this for me. I did make it at the beginning of the month but still. I am such a terrible daughter.
I actually also made Apple Cinnamon muffins but just haven’t yet shared the recipe. Here’s a sneak peak? (because I’m sure y’all are tired of seeing pictures that I’ve already posted)
Despite working 40+ hours a week, running 454.1 miles this month (including marathon training runs!) I maintained a really good social life as well. The highlights include:
- I celebrated a birthday.
- Had the best Thanksgiving I’ve ever had.
- Drank the most tequila I’ve ever had in one night.
All in all a very good month. I mean, we did get the first snowfall at the beginning of the month but I got a tiara. Who can argue with that?